Ever wondered how and when you see or experience something new, your brain automatically starts to link it to your previous experiences and visuals? Or how your mind is full of thoughts, but somehow, these thoughts are always organized into different categories and groups? Mind mapping is a technique already known to our mind, which can be further taken one step ahead to unleash its tremendous benefits.
What is mind mapping?
Mind mapping can be defined as a technique to organize information visually. A mind map has all the information organized in different categories and further builds a relationship between the information known about them.
How do we draw a mind map?
Consider there's a blank sheet of paper. Put your main idea or topic at the centre — for example, your dream vacation.
Choose an appropriate representation like drawing a few branches emerging from the centre point. Pin down your categories at the end of these branches — for example, relaxing, adventure, DIYs, health etc.
Now you can go further and put the activities that you think would fit under these categories. For example, under relaxing, you might put meditation, dancing, camping etc.
You can further be more specific about these activities. You can also use colour schemes to enhance representation. Also, you can take the help of images. This is the basic idea of drawing a mind map.
How is it beneficial?
Mind mapping is simply a better, creative and logical way to represent information. Here are some of the benefits:
1. The most important thing about mind mapping is that at the end of your work, you will have adequately organized and categorized information about the topic.
2. Mind mapping can improve your creative skills.
3. One can learn faster and better with the help of notes prepared by this technique. Learning is way more fun this way.
4. Also, the use of colours and images would act as a boost to your learning ability.
5. Mind maps give an overview of all the information, thus helping you to understand better.
6. This can help you to be good at solving problems.
7. Another advantage of categorizing data is time-saving, so as to make its productive use.
As mentioned above, mind maps are already being used by us. If we are already using it, why not improve our skills in it? Hope, you know the basics of mind mapping now and will work on it.
Happy mind mapping!!
Email address: Kalia.firstname.lastname@example.org